- Please read the following before you send us any Personal Data.
- "Personal Data" means personal data as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- "EarthRemit" means EarthRemit Limited.
Internet Transmission is not Absolutely Secure
- 2. E-mail or other electronic messages sent to EarthRemit over the Internet cannot be completely secure. EarthRemit does not make any warranty or guarantee with respect to the security of any message sent through Internet or other electronic communication systems. The EarthRemit will not be responsible for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by any users caused by e-mails or other electronic messages sent through Internet or other electronic communication systems between EarthRemit and the users.
Purpose of Collections/uses
- 3. EarthRemit will endeavour to keep Personal Data held by EarthRemit confidential. Nevertheless, in submitting Personal Data you agree that any such data may be used for the following purposes:
- 3.1 the processing of applications for, and daily operation of services provided by EarthRemit to client and non-client or to other persons for whom Client acts as guarantor or for whom client provides third-party security;
- 3.2 customer relationship management (such as privileges or rewards schemes) and relationship management of non-clients such as participants of seminars or other activities;
- 3.3 maintaining client's or any surety's credit history for present and future reference;
- 3.4 improving, enhancing, designing or launching existing or new financial services or related products for client's use (including, where appropriate, providing client with financial advice);
- 3.5 if the relevant data subject has consented (including an indication of no objection) to the use of the data subject's personal data for direct marketing purposes by members of the EarthRemit in any form(s) or otherwise, marketing financial and related services, products or goods;
- 3.6 collecting amounts outstanding and determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by client or any surety;
- 3.7 meeting any requests or requirements to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations;
- 3.8 enabling an assignee of EarthRemit in connection with merger, amalgamation, reconstruction or otherwise to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment;
- 3.9 commencing, defending or otherwise participating in any legal or administrative proceedings or inquiry before any court or competent authority; and
- 3.10 any other lawful purpose directly or indirectly relating or incidental to any of the above.
- 4.1 any agent, contractor or third party service provider (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere) who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or securities clearing, custodian, audit, banking, financing, insurance, risk management, business consulting, outsourcing, customer relationship management, marketing or other services to EarthRemit in connection with the operation of its business;
- 4.2 any branch or office of any member of the EarthRemit, whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- 4.3 any person acting or proposing to act as surety;
- 4.4 any person under a duty of confidentiality to EarthRemit (or any member of the Group) or who has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- 4.5 any financial institution with which a client has or proposes to have dealings;
- 4.6 credit reference agencies and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies;
- 4.7 any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of any member of EarthRemit;
- 4.8 any person in accordance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements including through or pursuant to any rules, judgment, decision or ruling of the courts, arbitral tribunals, Financial Dispute Resolution Centre Limited, governmental, regulatory or other bodies or institutions.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
- 5. You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by EarthRemit. If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by EarthRemit, please send your written request to EarthRemit. EarthRemit may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
- 6. EarthRemit endeavours to ensure the accuracy and reliability if the information provided on or through the website(s) of any member of EarthRemit but do not warrant or guarantee its accuracy or reliability and accepts no liability (whether in tort or contract or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies or omissions or otherwise howsoever arising.
- B. OPT-OUT REQUEST FOR THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
- Request to stop receiving direct marketing materials
- According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"), after providing your personal data, you may at any time opt out from receiving our direct marketing materials. To do so, you may request to stop receiving EarthRemit direct marketing information through the Contact Details. We will process your request free of charge.