After receiving 64 cases of remittances from money exchange shops, the account was frozen and asking for help. The trade union urged citizens to follow the right path.


With the launch of the "Outline Development Plan for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area", more and more Hong Kong people are returning to the mainland to purchase homes, study, and retire, which has given rise to the problem of large-amount cross-border remittances. The Federation of Trade Unions stated today (3rd) that since the beginning of this year, its Mainland Inquiry Service Center has received 64 inquiries and requests for help, all of which were related to the freezing of mainland bank accounts due to remittances from money change shops in Hong Kong, and reminded the public that they should do so when making remittances. Use cross-border remittance channels correctly.

The Federation of Trade Unions pointed out that there are certain risks in choosing money exchange shops for cross-border remittances. It is understood that people remit money through Hong Kong money exchange shops. After receiving the money, they usually transfer it to the payee's Mainland bank account through their Mainland bank account. However, the local bank account of the exchange shop may be the account involved in the case or an illegal account. Once the money is transferred to the payee's account, it will be listed as a related account and may be frozen by the mainland authorities.

One of the requesting cases, Mr. Ye, said that in February this year, he remitted HKD 250,000 to his mainland bank account through a money exchange shop, intending to use it to decorate his residence in Zhongshan and purchase furniture. However, after checking that the funds had arrived in his account in early March, he discovered that his account had been frozen by the end of the same month. He immediately contacted the bank staff and informed him that his account had been frozen by the mainland police. In addition, Ye also went to the Hunan Public Security Police Station to register in April, but his bank account has not yet been unfrozen.

Lawyer Wan Xuanyu reminds that if a mainland bank account is frozen, you should contact the bank as soon as possible to obtain the contact information of the public security agency, frozen case number, detailed transaction records of the bank and other information, and then verify the identity of the "account involved". Information and specific transaction amount, and provide transaction records related to the "account involved". If necessary, you may eventually have to cooperate with the public security agency to make investigation records and wait for the investigation results of the public security department.

The Federation of Trade Unions recommends that citizens should make cross-border remittances through bank official and other legal and compliant channels, especially large-amount remittances, to avoid small losses and large losses. The Hong Kong government should also strengthen publicity to let the public know and understand more cross-border remittances. Correct information about international remittances. The association also urged the authorities to optimize the cross-border remittance mechanism for Hong Kong people, including simplifying the remittance declaration procedures, adjusting remittance limits in a timely manner, and piloting it in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.

Original URL: